What We Fund
A great public library is a community treasure
Funds from the Burlingame Library Foundation benefit every library user. They allow the library to be flexible---responding to new book and information formats, to developing technologies, and to the evolving needs of patrons. These funds support a vibrant ebook collection, cutting-edge STEM workshops, enticing summer reading programs, and exciting docent lectures. They extend and strengthen the library’s role within the community. The City pays for the library’s basic expenses such as salaries and materials. Foundation support supplements the City budget in areas where the library deems it will have the greatest impact. The Burlingame Library Foundation contributes to:
- Enhancing the library collection with a vibrant e-book selection
- Providing access to and training in cutting-edge digital literacy and current technologies, such as STEAM and robotics workshops, arts and coding classes
- Underwriting programs for all ages, such as job placement workshops for employment seekers, SAT practice tests, a monthly "You Can Make It at the Library" program and drop-in computer help for seniors
- Presenting exciting docent lectures from the de Young Museum
- Offering enticing reading and poetry programs for all ages year round
- Improving and preserving historic library buildings and interiors
The sustaining partnership between the Burlingame Public Library and Burlingame Library Foundation is strong. The Foundation is fully committed to funding the programs and projects that make the Burlingame Public Library a true community treasure.
The Burlingame Library Foundation values your support. No gift is too small or too large! Please consider making a financial contribution, joining the Escoffier Society or volunteering your time.