The Annual Book & Author Luncheon
Each year, over 220 library supporters join the Burlingame Library Foundation for its Book & Author Luncheon. Featuring well-known authors such as Lisa See and David Talbott from the Bay Area and beyond, this widely recognized event is the Foundation's signature fundraiser. Proceeds from the luncheon enable the Foundation to fulfill its mission of supporting the Burlingame Public Main Library and its Easton Branch.
The Foundation’s specific goals are to provide collection enhancement, community access to the most current information technology, programs that contribute to an enriched community life, and improvement and preservation of the historic Library buildings and interiors.
Below is a partial list of the high-value library resources and programs that the proceeds from the Book & Author Luncheon help to fund:
- Laptops, iPads and wifi hotspots tech lending program
- eBook collection
- 2015 Capital Campaign for the preservation and renovation of the historic library. Project included new study programs & technology upgrades
- Children and Teen summer reading programs (including free books and prizes), weekly and bilingual storytimes, sign language classes, and fun Lego nights
- Educational workshops such as computer basics, ESL (English as a Second Language), public speaking, knitting, meditation programs and game/movie nights
- Burlingame Public Library "pitch-an-idea" grant for staff members
This event is not possible without support from corporate sponsors such as Bingham, Osborn & Scarborough and Putnam Subaru of Burlingame. Thank you to our sponsors and loyal community members for ensuring the success of the Annual Book & Author Luncheon!